Monday, July 4, 2016

Astor "Exotic Gems" nail polishes - my picks

Hello everyone,

Quite a while ago already I shared my haul of the four polishes you're about to see, and I finally get around to showing them here. You can see a shot of all the polishes from this limited edition here; I wasn't too interested in the other shades as they seemed to be metallics and I don't love those that much.

Precious Pink

For this one I'm not sure anymore how many coats I did of it by itself; I'd like to think that it doesn't really matter, though, since it's never gonna be opaque without a base to go over. So I applied some black and put one coat of Precious Pink over top. I finished all nails off with top coat, as usual.

Jewel Blue

This is three coats by itself and one over black, plus top coat. The next two are the exact same.

Mirror Gold


Glinting Fuchsia

So... final verdict. I don't really know what to say, other than that I'm disappointed for some reason. I guess I just don't really know what to do with these polishes. I feel like they're too opaque to be toppers, but far too sheer to be used by themselves. I guess some experimentation is in order, to hunt down the perfect base for these.

2 comments:

  1. Hatte sie auch schon im DM entdeckt, bin aber froh, dass ich sie hab stehen lassen, war bei dem Finish sehr skeptisch. Und jetzt lackiert wollen sie mir auch nicht so recht gefallen :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewel Blue gefällt mir noch am besten, insgesamt aber ein klassischer Fall von 'was anderes erwartet'.

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!