Sunday, April 24, 2016

Orly Mini Swatch Spam No. 1 (Wir lackieren...)

Hey everyone,

After working my big bum off for the blog in March I kind of fell behind again this month, what a surprise. So while I had quite a few swatches prepared already, I couldn't find the motivation to post anything much, besides my second blobbicure. And what does that mean, really, you might wonder? Well, first off, it means I have to step up my game again, and secondly, it means that you'll once again see more than one polish that have nothing in common other than being made by the same brand in one post. Let's see how far I can get until the end of the month, shall we?

Green With Envy

I used this as the base of my blobbicure which I showed recently (see link "hidden" above). It's very sheer and runny - frankly, a bit of a pain to apply. I used four coats and top coat.

Androgynie

Oh, this beauty. Why did I not put this on earlier? And, more importantly, why do I only own a mini size? Oh, right, because Orly is kinda expensive. Anyway, I would recommend layering this over black or a very dark brown, as I needed three coats (and I added top coat as well).

Miss Conduct

The hype that surrounded this polish when it came out was real, as far as I remember. I applied two coats as I thought the sparkle was distracting enough for the slightly visible nail line not to bother me, but a third coat wouldn't hurt terribly. As usual, I put top coat over it. Can you tell I'm trying to not repeat myself too much and feeling increasingly dumb still kind of repeating the same thing every time?

High On Hope

While I needed three coats to get the coverage you see above, I can't even be mad at this beauty with its multichrome sparkle. Not that I usually get mad at polishes that need more than one or two coats, but you know what I mean. Again, shown with top coat.

Glitterbomb (over High On Hope)

The name says it all, really. As many times before, I don't think I chose a very good base color to put this very dense mix over, but at this point it has kind of become my thing, I suppose. You should definitely put top coat over this, just like me, as with basically any glitter.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Orly! :) Da sind wirklich schicke Lacke dabei und den Miss Conduct habe ich natürlich auch noch mal lackiert. :D

    LG Lotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, sie haben schon ein paar Schätze im Sortiment!

      Delete
  2. Really love High on Hope by Orly, what a beauty with that shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!