Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review for Mont Bleu

Hey guys!

About middle of July Mont Bleu approached me to ask if I was interested in doing a review on some of their products. I knew the company from Lucy's Stash (one of my favorite blogs by the way!), since she has done some reviews on Mont Bleu products in the past. As per usual I was a little taken aback at first, but accepted soon enough. So to clarify: The articles I'm showing you here were sent to me for free, I did not pay for them. That, however, has no influence whatsoever on the opinions I'm expressing. Let's see the stuff, shall we?


Everything was perfectly securely wrapped up and arrived in perfect condition.


Here's an overview: A full-size glass nail file, a mini one, a pair of tweezers and a pocket mirror (hidden in the white cardboard


Some close-ups for you. First up the full-size nail file, second is the mini one and third we have the tweezers.


And here's the pocket mirror! One side is a magnifying mirror, the other one a standard.

Now for my thoughts. I was pretty impressed when I used the big file for the first time. It seemed to not be as coarse as my other two glass nail files, and thus seemed to cause less vibrations and that icky grating feeling that I absolutely hate. Still, it worked very well for taking off length and shaping. It's thinner than my two other glass files, so I can get the sides of my nails filed more easily as well, though I still prefer my metal file for that job, simply because it's very thin and I can really get in there, if you know what I mean.

The tweezers I tried out for the hairs that grow on my beauty marks first. It got some hairs out, but I felt like it wasn't precise enough to do what I wanted it to do. Next, I tried it with my eyebrows, and it worked a bit better there, but again, I felt like it wasn't precise or sharp enough to really grab the hairs well.

The pocket mirror I am now carrying with me to work, though I don't really have much occasion to use it. But you never know when a mirror could come in handy! The outside is plastic and seems quite sturdy. I just now thought "Hey, let's drop this from about the height I'd be holding it!" and... well. The little nook that keeps it shut broke off and now it won't snap shut anymore. It's not like the two sides are flapping around, though. Both the standard and the magnifying mirror are very clear once you've wiped them before initial use. The reflection gets a little distorted depending on whether you hold the mirror horizontally or vertically, but I think for checking up on your makeup or tasks like that it will be totally fine.

If you want to get any of these articles for yourself (or someone else) you should check their websites! They seem to have an international and a German one. Don't hesitate to click the links if you're interested, I don't profit from you doing it in any way :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comments!

And finally, thank you, Mont Bleu, for these beautiful products.

4 comments:

  1. These look really good! I like the mirror :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, all their stuff is just so pretty with the crystals...

      Delete
  2. Wow, die Feilen sehen ja wohl toll aus.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finde ich auch! Die Farbzusammenstellung ist wirklich schön.

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!