Tuesday, July 8, 2014

misslyn "Galaxy Nails" limited edition

Hey guys!

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I'm into sci-fi and everything space is really interesting to me. So I was pretty thrilled at the idea of a space-themed nail polish LE - what a surprise, right? Naturally I had to buy everything in sight, so here's the full LE for you!

mars
Here's the first color, and I already have an issue with it. As you might know, Mars' nickname is "Red Planet". But this is orange. Why? In any case, this is two coats with top coat. You will still be able to see some nail line, but it was okay for me at this point.

venus
Okay, here I know I'm influenced by Sailor Moon, but still. For me, Venus is orange. Not to say I don't like this color, it's pretty - but why pink and gold? Two coats with top coat as well here. I don't think this would reach complete opacity on its own, so I would layer it. Over what, though, I don't really know.

orbit
This one I found to have a tricky formula, so I applied three coats and top coat to get it to look smooth. It still seemed patchy, though, so I'm not too impressed, although it's a beautiful color.

atmosphere
Though similar in formula to "orbit", this one only required two coats plus top coat. It wasn't as patchy, so I was able to smooth it out quite nicely on the second coat. Now that that's out of the way, LOOK AT THAT COLOR SHIFT (also, you can see how super thin my nails are, haha...). I'm so blown away by it, it's so pretty I could squeal. I'm wearing this right now, layered over "after school boy blazer" by essie - perfect! One coat is absolutely sufficient when you're layering this, and it looks gorgeous.

gold moondust
This is two coats without top coat to preserve the bumpy finish. Silver sparkle and gold glitter in a clear base - love it!

satellite war
Again, two coats without top coat here. Silver sparkle and blue and green glitter in a clear base. I don't love it as much as "gold moondust", but it's still pretty.

I feel like all of these, except for the two glitter bombs, should be layered over a creme polish to not only make application easier but also to make them look smoother. I'm debating purchasing backups of some of these because I'm just so in love with the colors... Yep, I'm truly craycray - don't worry, I know, I really do.

10 comments:

  1. Ach, Du heute auch in Misslyn Galaxy? ;o)
    Atmosphere ist hier eindeutig mein Favorit.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach man, Venus sah in der Preview so vielversprechend aus. Aber so gefällt er mir überhaupt nicht. Atmosphere sieht schon toll aus, leider bin ich nicht so der Blau-Typ. Naja, macht nichts, Geld gespart ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich war auch nicht so begeistert, was allerdings an der schlechten Deckkraft liegt. Genau, das ist das Gute dran wenn man nichts findet ;)

      Delete
  3. These are all gorgeous! I particularly like the last two textured polishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty collection indeed.

      Delete
  4. Ohoo, Orbit und Atmosphere sind ja ganz feine Stückchen - grandios!!! Mit den Glitterlacken kann ich irgendwie nur bedingt was anfangen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Für mich sind die beiden auch die Highlights, dicht gefolgt von gold moondust.

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!