Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fake it 'til you make it - Maybelline - Wine Shimmer over essence - Inkheart

Hey guys!

So you have probably heard of Zoya's Zenith collection. I really wanted Dream and Payton, but long story short they were sold out before I was ready to order them. Then a little while ago I saw someone post really pretty pictures of Maybelline's Wine Shimmer, and although I had seen it before, it never wowed me until then. So I got it. On the same day, I first spotted the essence Love Letters LE and picked up those polishes as well. On a whim I decided to combine Wine Shimmer and Inkheart (the dark blue polish in the Love Letters LE) and the result kinda amazed me, so I wanted to share.


This is one coat of Wine Shimmer over two coats of Inkheart. I know it doesn't look 100% like Payton, but it's probably as close as I'm gonna get for now. It definitely inspired me to try some other layerings with Wine Shimmer. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, das ist toll :) Buntes Geglitzer auf einen sehr faszinierenden Lila - ich wusste gar nicht, dass der Maybelline das kann (ich hab' noch die alte MNY-Version dazu zu Hause)! Dass er zu nem Jellysandwich und als Topper gut taugt, okay - aber auf dunklem Blau hatte ich noch gar nicht an ihn gedacht. Sieht echt super aus, auch wenn's nicht 100% Payton ist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! Der Effekt hat mich auch überrascht, die Kombi war eher so eine fixe Idee, die mir auf einmal kam. Das Ergebnis gefällt mir auch sehr gut :)

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!