Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Earnie & Birdie! Wait, what? (Lacke in Farbe ...und bunt!)

Hey guys!

I was browsing the new Catrice spring/summer range last week and spotted this polish, which of course reminded me of this week's theme in the series - yellow! So I had a closer look at it and saw some really pretty shimmer in it. Long story short, I got it.


Three coats with top coat. Yellows just don't seem to want to cooperate with me. I could have added more coats to try and make this smooth, but three is already quite a lot. Which sounds weird if you keep in mind that most polishes require two coats for good coverage, but still. Especially with my extremely thin nails, all the layers can easily get thicker than the nail you're applying them to. Anyway, it's not too shabby-looking applied, the three coats (or more) bother me a bit, though. Also, the shimmer looks plain silver while in the bottle it's mainly pink, with gold and blue thrown in here and there. Sadface.

4 comments:

  1. Oh je, das Drama um die gelben Lacke... :/ Das ist ja einer der Kandidaten, die durchaus schon öfters negativ aufgefallen sind, leider... So schlechte Deckkraft und dann noch nichtmal der Schimmer - buh :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irgendwie wollen die meisten nicht so, oder? Hier find ich's echt schade, weil der Schimmer in der Flasche wirklich hübsch ist.

      Delete
  2. "Yellows just don't seem to want to cooperate with me." - Das unterschreib ich einfach mal... gut, dass es jetzt wieder für ne Weile hinter uns liegt! *ächz*

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!