Friday, February 14, 2014

Astor "Black & White" collection - nail polishes

Hey guys!

When I went to the drugstore a while ago I was really surprised to find a new Astor LE on display. Of course I had to check out the polishes!

Check Matte

As you can see, this is a matte black. I don't know what is wrong with it, though, because - as you can also see - it kept cracking. I applied three coats and each one cracked. What is this nonsense?

Game of Graphics

This seems to be similar to (or even a dupe for) China Glaze's "Whirled Away". It's quite hard to get enough glitter pieces on the nail, and then distribute them at least somewhat evenly. You're putting a lot of the clear base down, but not that much glitter, which is something I really hate. Not impressed - again. This is over misslyn "ballet".

Play The Graffiti

We've seen tons of this sort of "salt and pepper" glitter combo already, so this is not all too special. I still like it, though, and it goes on without me having to dip back in the bottle multiple times or having to push the glitter around a lot. Shown here over misslyn "standing ovations".

6 comments:

  1. Öhm, der matte Lack ist ja mal... Seltsam? Oo Mattlacke können ja durchaus mal etwas schwierig sein, aber das sieht echt mistig aus! Die beiden schwarz-weißen Topper finde ich eigentlich ganz nett - aber mir reicht erstmal einer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ziemlich. Mal sehen wie es ohne Unterlack aussieht, das scheint der Trick zu sein...
      Man braucht auch durchaus keine zig gleichen Topper :P

      Delete
  2. I had the same problem with a cheaper brand matte black. I found that a really thick coat helped. If you check it out here: http://economynails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/asda-george-58-venom-matte.html you can see a picture of the crackle effect. I was quite happy how the left hand turned out.

    I've read that not wearing a base coat also helps.

    I like the glitters, the first is certainly a dead ringer for Whirled Away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try those ideas, thanks :)

      Glad you agree!

      Delete
  3. Did you have a base coat under the matte? I find that most of my mattes start to crackle if I wear them with a base coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I did! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it without base coat :)

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!