Friday, October 18, 2013

[Swatch] essence Limited Edition Metal Glam - Petal To The Metal and Steel-Ing The Scene

Hey guys!

So the metallic finish isn't necessarily my favorite of finishes. That being said, I couldn't resist picking up these two polishes, so before I make you roll your eyes any more, let's just look at them, shall we?

Petal To The Metal

Two coats with top coat. I like the color, I just don't like the finish. I don't know what it is about the metallic finish, but most times, I just don't really like it. Maybe because for me, it has a very strong 90ies vibe to it. I just don't know... The color itself is quite pretty though, it seems like a very light lilac sort of tone. I'm very on the fence about this polish...

Steel-Ing The Scene (over Petal To The Metal)

This gold top coat is basically shards of gold foil (not real gold, obviously) in a clear base. The gold color is a very light one, unfortunately. To me, it looks super-cheap and not pretty at all. Maybe it'll look nicer layered over other colors. Any suggestions?

10 comments:

  1. I only got the topper and like you, I'm not totally happy with it. Not just the very yellowish gold, I find the flakes rather rough. It's disturbing somehow. Well, I'll try playing with it some more before my final opinion about this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll also try it out a little more, but so far I'm not too pleased either.

      Delete
  2. I've tried it on Sally Hansen's Night watch. This topper looks better on darker colours like dark blue, navy, deep red/ burgundy, plum etc. Definitely a better and more beautiful looking match than over light colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those!

      Delete
  3. Wie Ruy schon sagte, über dunklen Farben sieht er erheblich besser aus. Bei helleren Farben kommt der Grünstich mehr raus und lässt ihn billig und nicht mehr so schön aussehen..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verstehe. Ich wollte ihn ja sowieso noch ein bisschen testen, mal sehen, ob er mir dann besser gefällt :)

      Delete
  4. Der sieht viel viel schöner aus als ich gedacht hätte :)
    Alles Liebe
    Allie
    P.S. Hast du Lust an unserer Lackchallenge teilzunehmen?
    http://www.strawberrypie.de/2013/10/abcdefinishes-feat-fraulein-ungeschminkt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich bin von beiden bisher noch nicht ganz überzeugt, aber zumindest beim Topper kann sich das noch ändern ^^

      Danke für das Angebot, ich schau's mir mal an!

      Delete
  5. Hey, freut mich dass dir die Challenge gefällt :)
    Inlinkz funktioniert ganz einfach!
    Du würdest den Post verfassen und dann unten im Post "Add your Link" klicken und dann kannst du deinen Link eingeben, deinen Namen eingeben und ein Bild aus dem Post auswählen.
    Dauert nur ein paar Sekunden und du musst dich nicht registrieren ;)
    Ist alles außerdem sehr selbsterklärend!
    Alles Liebe
    Allie

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!