Sunday, August 4, 2013

[Swatch] Catrice L'Afrique, c'est chic Limited Edition nail polishes

Hey guys!

So Catrice jumped on the sand polish train with this LE. The Africa theme seems cool, and the colors are quite fitting I think, but let's see them together, shall we?

So Classy

Two coats without top coat. So... brown. Not my color. At all. This is absolutely not my thing.

Quel bleu turquoise

Two coats without top coat. I don't know what kind of a pun the name is supposed to be. But it's whatever, I guess. Sorry about the little blob on my pointer finger nail, I accidentally bumped my nail against something and the color wiped off, so I just dotted more back on.

Sunny Side

Two coats without top coat. Why do they keep switching back and forth between English and French? That just kinda annoys me, I guess because I feel it's inconsistent. But well. Definitely not an egg yolk yellow, more of a bright shade.

Rouge, Bien Sûr

Two coats without top coat. Definitely my favorite of the bunch.

L'Orange

Two coats without top coat. Kind of a terracotta shade. Once again, not my color. If it were a brighter orange, I might like it more, but this has a lot of brown undertones I feel, which is probably why I don't like it much.

Overall I'm a little disappointed. I definitely prefer the matt sand polishes, these shinier versions aren't really my cup of tea. Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Ich finde den braunen Lack richtig schön :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So verschieden sind die Geschmäcker ^^

      Delete
  2. I like the colors (maybe except the last one), but i looks like they are missing some sand... I really wouldn't mind more of those rough bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! They aren't as coarse as I'd like them to be.

      Delete
  3. Ich kann mit diesen komischen Hubbelchen, die die Partikel machen, nicht so wirklich was anfangen... Den leichten Glanz fände ich ja noch nicht so tragisch - aber die Struktur dieser Lacke gefällt mir so ganz und gar nicht!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es war seltsam, die Lacke aufzutragen; die "Sandpartikel" konnte man richtig rumschieben in der Basis. Da stimmt für mich das Verhältnis nicht so ganz. Ich behaupte jetzt aber mal vorsichtig, dass das Catrices erster und letzter Ausflug in die Dünen war und dass sie die Formel nicht mehr ändern werden...

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!