Thursday, April 4, 2013

[Swatch] essence trend edition Floral Grunge nail polishes

Hey guys!

Today I have a post for you that is a bit longer than what I've been doing these past few months. All swatches here are WITHOUT top coat since this trend edition has five nail polishes with five different finishes. So let's get right into it!

Be Flowerful

Two coats without top coat. I'd say this is a soft coral with pink tones. Pink enough that I can wear it without fearing it looks too orange.

Lily Bloom

Two coats without top coat. In the bottle, this is a white with pinky-coral-yellow shimmer. Unfortunately, the shimmer is almost impossible to capture. I tilted the bottle this way and that and had no luck. It looks mostly white on the nail, too. I wish the beautiful shimmer were more obvious.

Grunge Me Tender

Two coats without top coat. That name... don't get me started. Anyway, a nice light green with silvery-green shimmer. I wouldn't say this is a suede finish, but whatever. What is a "suede" finish supposed to look like anyway? All I can think of when I hear "suede" is leather...

Madly Purpled

Two coats without top coat. A mauvy purple with silvery-blue shimmer. This is supposed be a matt finish, but I'd say it's more of a rubbery one. WELL.

Black To The Roots

Two coats without top coat. I had hoped this would be a really gritty texture, but it's not. The silver chunks are seemingly meant to provide the "rough" surface essence advertises. It's kind of cool but then again it's not really great? It reminds me of a studded leather jacket a little bit...

Any favorites?

6 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful, but unfortunately here in Italy is not coming out until may so i have to wait!! :(
    Back to the roots seems like the sugar mat of kiko or something like that. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, man! I hope you can get them then.

      Ah, I haven't tried the Sugar Mat polishes so far. I like Black To The Roots as well. Or rather, I'm not completely sure if I like it, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love Be Flowerful, such a gorgeous peachy pink shade! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I'm happy about the pink in it, that way I don't feel weird wearing it!

      Delete
  3. I bought 4 polishes from that collection (I skipped the coral one, those shades just look bad on me...), I tried the white one so far, I though it would be better, but it's kind of disappointing :) but I love the shimmer in the bottle too!

    greetings from Istanbul!
    7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the whole collection wasn't too great in my opinion. Too bad you're disappointed in it!

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!