Saturday, April 6, 2013

[Swatch] Catrice Limited Edition Candy shock nail polishes I Scream: Ice Cream! and Play It Blue

Hey guys!

This is the pastel spring collection from Catrice for this year, I guess. Here we go with my two nail polish picks.

I Scream: Ice Cream!

Three coats with top coat. My nails and these polishes will not become friends. The ridges on my nails make getting this to smooth out a real piece of work, hence three coats. Coverage would be good at two already, but to cover up the ridges I needed three. If you have smooth nails, two coats will probably suffice. This has pink shimmer - in the bottle, it gets obvious once you tilt it at a certain angle, but on the nail you don't see much of anything anymore. I picked this up thinking it was a simple cream polish...

Play It Blue

Four coats without top coat. Just as with I Scream: Ice Cream! (god, I hate that name), the high number of coats was necessary to get this to even out on my really ridgy nails. If you have smooth nails, two coats will probably suffice. I'm wearing this today (April 2) and I only needed three coats this time. It really depends a little on how thick your coats are and how careful you are with applying them. I really like the color and the rubbery/matt finish, so I'm a little unhappy about it being such a diva to apply.

What are you willing to do for a pretty color?

10 comments:

  1. these colours are very, very cute but 3-4 coats for a good opacity it definetly too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if your nails have a smooth surface you can make these work with 2 coats, maybe apply them a little thicker. But yeah, 3 - 4 is definitely a little over the top for me, too.

      Delete
  2. Das macht Lust auf Sommer und Sonnenschein...und erinnert tatsächlich ein bisschen an Eiscreme ;)

    Liebe Grüße...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stimmt, wobei mir blaue Eiscreme etwas verdächtig vorkommt, die esse ich nicht :P

      Delete
  3. I would so get Play It Blue, but I am guessing it won't be available where I live... grrr
    Lovely springy colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you want I can try to get it for you?

      Delete
    2. Thank You so much! I'm having an eye on a Catrice stand here... sometimes we get some cool stuff, hopefully I am wrong and it will show up :)

      Delete
    3. Alright, then good luck :)

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!