Friday, March 22, 2013

Sally Hansen Salon effects Real Nail Polish Strips - Laced Up

Hey guys!

Sally Hansen's latest limited edition for the German product range is comprised entirely of nail polish strips. I got two designs to try them out and I'm showing you the first one I tried out today.


So. Yeah. I wore these from Friday night until Sunday night. I showered with them on, did some dishes... I had chips. I really wanted to test the wear to see if the 10-day-wear-claim would be legit, but several things annoyed me too much to go through with it. Application didn't work too great for me since even when I pressed the strips down, they wouldn't stay down in all places so my hair got caught on the ends that were standing up. It wasn't horrible, but not nice either.
Some of the strips tore when I peeled them off the supporting piece. Furthermore, the strips fit well near the cuticle area but crinkled near the tip which felt weird and was the most annoying of all problems I had. Shaping was kind of hard to do as well, especially around the corners of my nail tips, near the skin.
I hope I can apply the other set I got more easily or more accurately since the price tag of just under ten bucks for one use isn't really worth that much pain. Removal was weird, too. I could peel most of the strips off almost entirely, the rest I got rid of with nail polish remover, which is the recommended method for taking the strips off. Mostly, the remover got the black lace pattern to rub around on the more gooey nude part. It was kind of a dry mush? Weird, as I said.
Final verdict: I like the design, but application and wear aren't as easy or comfortable as I wish they were.

Have you tried nail polish strips before?

6 comments:

  1. Sieht hübsch aus, aber den Ärger will ich mir nicht antun ^_^
    Ich glaub da sowieso nicht dran, dass sie mehr als 2 Tage halten bzw. nicht anfangen sich abzupellen.
    Und es gibt nichts schlimmeres, als wenn man mit seinen Nägeln oder den abstehenden Enden in den Haaren hängen bleibt :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sie halten bestimmt länger, wenn man nichts tut :D; Bzw. wenn man sie überhaupt erstmal richtig fest/flach aufbringen könnte. -.-

      Delete
  2. Die Dinger mochte ich noch nie richtig und grade ist mir wieder klar geworden, warum. Und dann noch der Preis - für das Geld würde man schon z.B. einen Zoya oder CG Lack bekommen, der für mehr als nur eine (miese) Anwendung reicht.

    lg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich wollte es halt mal probieren - Versuch macht klug sagt man ja immer ;) Den Zehner geb ich nächstes Mal auch lieber wieder für einen Lack aus.

      Delete
  3. I've seen these in the stores but wasn't sure about them because I really don't have a steady hand for something like that. lol They're cute though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had a hard time with them. I think it might get better with practice, but I don't want to spend ten bucks for one single application :/

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!