Friday, February 8, 2013

[Swatch] essence Trend Edition hugs & kisses glitter toppers

Hey guys!

I almost feel guilty showing you these since they have been swept from stores quicker than you can say "glitter". I haven't seen a single bottle anywhere since I bought mine - people are going crazy over these mini polishes. Which was to be expected, really, but still. Holy cow. Anyway, let's see what all the fuss is about, shall we?

More Than Words


Dreams For Sale


Crazy In Love


Sunshine And Red Roses


You will need to fish around a little for the glitter particles, thus I can't give you an individual number of coats for the glitter toppers. All of them are swatched on black for comparison purposes. I had to change up the usual angle for the pictures to show you all the glittery goodness. I like these, but I'm disappointed that the bottles are so small. Five ml/0.16 fl oz isn't exactly a lot, and while that might be good sometimes, it makes me a little nervous, if you will, when it comes to glitter. Anyway, I like them all a lot, except Crazy In Love which I feel is just not on par with the three others.

What do you think - worth the hype or overrated?

14 comments:

  1. So gefällt mir eigentlich Sunshine & Roses am besten - nur wenn ich daran denke, wie lange man nach diese Herzchen fischt und daß sie dann im schlimmsten Falle auch noch mit einer Seite abstehen und man somit überall hängen bleibt, vergeht mir die Lust auf Lacke dieser Art wieder.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, man muss schon ein paar mal die Angel auswerfen. Und die Herzen sind in der Tat steif wie Bretter bzw. passen sich der Nagelform natürlich nicht an. Bei Sunshine And Red Roses hätte mir auch der Regenbogenglitter alleine locker ausgereicht, der gefällt mir sowieso besser als die Herzen.

      Delete
  2. These looks so pretty! Im not surprised they've been snapped up quickly!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely came as no surprise, haha!

      Delete
  3. Die Effektlacke kommen richtig toll zur Geltung (= ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams for sale auf schwarz erinnert mich ja ein bisschen an Orly Androgynie, der ist nur noch etwas bunter von den Glitzerpartikelchen her.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da muss ich doch demnächst direkt mal einen Vergleich anstellen :D

      Delete
  5. No wonder they are gone. If I saw those first two I wouldn't think much about getting them either :p Then I would hide them somewhere and wouldn't let anyone touch them hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :D The first two are my favorites, really. The hearts in the others don't quite do it for me.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. If they didn't have those hearts they would look much better. But still the top two rock.

      Delete
  6. Ooo how pretty! I love the black and gold speckled polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! If they hadn't sold out so fast I would've gotten backups...

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!