Saturday, September 15, 2012

[Swatches] misslyn - heat wave and magma

Hey guys!

Among others I picked up two beautiful red polishes yesterday. These always make me think "Lady in Red", but I'm not a lady, so... Anyway, here we go!

heat wave


Three coats since the base is a red jelly. It's packed with multichromatic fine glitter. When I took it out of the display in the shop it flashed yellow, green and blue, I was entranced... These photos are with top coat, overcast sky. It really shows its duochrome/multichrome qualities in the sunlight. Very beautiful. I feel I can wear this, it doesn't make my skin look washed out. The jelly base reminds me of the color of cherries.

magma


Two coats. A shimmery red. Nothing too unique, but the name seemed oh-so perfect to me! The photos are without top coat, overcast sky. I feel this makes my skin look very pale, it doesn't seem quite as wearable to me as heat wave (for me personally).

The base I used was the essence peel off base coat that I also acquired yesterday. It works well, smells like those white liquid glues and gives me a weird feeling when it dries, as if my nails were pulling themselves together/shrinking. It also feels VERY cold. But most polishes do, which is one of the reasons why I always get icy cold hands when I do my nails. So yeah, it feels weird but otherwise works well. They advise you to avoid hot water for 3 hours (!) after you've used the base coat, which is a bit of a bummer, especially in winter...

See you tomorrow when I show you my other purchase plus my weekend mani! ^_^/

2 comments:

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!