Monday, September 17, 2012

[Swatch & Review] Catrice Cosmetics Hollywood's Fabulous 40ties nail polishes

Hey guys!

Today we're gonna check out Catrice's Limited Edition "Hollywood's Fabulous 40ties" nail polishes. I have to warn you in advance that my camera didn't pick up all colors as they really are. I will try to describe what they really look like. All swatches are with top coat; first picture is in direct sunlight, second picture is indoors, window to the left side.



Red Butler


Three coats. This is a bit darker in real life. I like it.

Holly Rose Wood


One coat (which was surprising for me). The second picture shows the color pretty well (in the bottle). This is my favorite of the bunch.

Marlene's Favourite


Two coats. This is not as bright orange in real life, more like a pinky orange; quite muted as well. Still, too orange for my personal liking.

The Nude Scene


Two or three coats with top coat. The color is displayed quite accurately (in the bottle). It is like a very very light pinky taupe. It makes me look like I have no nails if you're not too close up, which is weird. Not too big a fan of it, but it's okay.

Doris' Darling


Two coats. The color is shown quite accurately in the second picture (in the bottle). Not really my color I'm afraid, but it looks okay.

Application on all of these was fairly easy, they're neither runny nor gloopy. Which is your favorite?

8 comments:

  1. Holly Rose Wood and The Nude Scene are my two favs out of these! I've yet to try a Catrice polish, but I am determined to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pity that some brand or other is always hard to get, isn't it? In any case, the Catrice polishes are really good for the price tag they come with.

      Delete
  2. Wow, die Lacke sehen toll aus. Ich bin ausnahmsweise mal starkt geblieben, da ich doch sooooo viele Lacke habe, aber nun bereue ich es fast, stark geblieben zu sein ;)

    Bezüglich der Duschgels:
    Hm, das klingt auch nach äußerst "leckeren" Duftkombinationen :)
    Aber nun muss ich wirklich stark bleiben und keine Duschgels mehr kaufen...

    Liebe Grüße :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echt tolle Herbst Nagellacke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, doch, passen in die Farbpalette - bis auf Red Butler vielleicht, der ist für mich nicht so herbstlich. Aber erlaubt ist ja bekanntlich was gefällt :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Jap, da hat Catrice einiges richtig gemacht :D

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!