Sunday, September 2, 2012

My picks from the essence cherry blossom girl LE

Hey guys!

The "cherry blossom girl" LE is one of essence's current LEs and as a huge fan of Asia - Japan and South Korea in particular - I of course had to get something from that LE. So here's what I picked!

nail polishes


Both of them have shimmer in them. I haven't tried them out yet. I might go back and get the red/orange one called "Cherry Cherry Girl" as well.

eyeshadow quad in "Dreaming Under A Cherry Tree"


Colors are swatched from top left to bottom right, using my fingers. The product stuck to my fingers and wouldn't really transfer to my hand, so I'm afraid the color payoff is really poor. The lightest color is hardly visible in the swatch photo... All the colors except for the lightest have gold shimmer in them. The color might transfer better if you use a brush.

blush in "Asian Sensation"


That name makes me roll my eyes, but well. Two peachy tones with a little bit of gold shimmer. Also really poor color payoff when I tried to swatch with my fingers, but it might be better if you use a brush. Look at the pretty relief and embossed image...

lipstick pencil in "Cherry Cherry Girl"



I'm a bit nervous about posting a picture of my lips... *insert nervous laugh here* This is really creamy and goes on easily. What I don't like about it is that it has to be sharpened. I don't even know if I have a sharpener in the right size, haha. I think it's too orange for me really... I'm really horrified by the idea of accentuating my freckles by using colors that have too much orange in them. There is something about this particular color that I like, though. Anyway, this has silver shimmer in it, too, but I feel it's not visible on the lips. It smells lightly of vanilla, but the scent is not noticeable once you put it on.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed with the LE, but the blush is pretty and the lipstick pencil is an unexpected winner, too. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!