Saturday, August 11, 2012

[Franken] Vanessa's Paradise

Hi guys!

I found the essence Colour Arts display yesterday and of course I had to buy tons of the nail base with which you can create your own nail polish! I also picked up three pigments, but haven't used them yet. I think the color choice is slightly underwhelming, but well. In my enthusiasm I ran back to the Catrice display and picked up Take it Mint (pigment from the current Cucuba Limited Edition which I'd been thinking of turning into nail polish for a bit since it has those interesting dark bits in it) and Vanessa's Paradise (plain old eyeshadow from the new fall range that I thought was gorgeous). I also got one bottle of clear nail polish from essence to mix into the base, in case it was too thick.
As soon as I got home I had to play around with my new toys so I started by pouring the nail base and clear nail polish in an empty bottle, then threw in tons of the Take it Mint pigment. It looked pretty nice, but later on I found the pigment won't stay suspended and sinks to the ground. Sadface. Metal balls might help but I don't have any right now.
Next I tried my luck with Vanessa's Paradise. The essence bottle with clear polish was still about one third full, so I scraped the whole two grams of eyeshadow in there and added a bit of nail base after shaking thoroughly. And so, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you...



overcast sky, without top coat



direct sunlight, with top coat


As you can see top coat really brings this to life. I love the shimmer. The pictures aren't doing this justice! It is also a one-coater. This one stays perfectly mixed without help. I don't know why there is such a huge difference, but I'm very happy that the second try went so well. I'm definitely gonna look into turning more Catrice (pressed) eyeshadows into nail polish :)

How do you like this little franken of mine?

6 comments:

  1. Jetzt versteh ich erst, wozu diese LE gut sein sollte! Sobald ich die sehe, muss ich mich auch mal dran versuchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, freut mich, dass ich Licht ins Dunkel bringen konnte! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I am loving all the new colors that Essence released!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooah mit Topcoat sieht der ja total schön aus ^_^ Vanessas Paradise trage ich auf den Augen schon total gern, aber auch noch in der Form, echt cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich finde den Schimmer so toll, und auf den Fotos kommt die Grundfarbe nicht mal so genial rüber, wie sie in Wirklichkeit ist.

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!