Friday, July 27, 2012

For the Love of Lacquer sings the Blues: Day Five - date in the moonlight and english rose

Hey guys!

Today is the final day of my little series. We're checking out a dark blue with blue shimmer and a red-brownish polish.

date in the moonlight



top: direct sunlight; bottom: indoors

Two coats for good and even coverage. This is with topcoat (unlike all the other photos, by the way) because I feel like topcoat sometimes helps bring out the shimmer in polishes with a dark base color. I don't think this was the case here, though. Anyway, I really like this one.

english rose



top: direct sunlight; bottom: indoors

Two coats for nice coverage. It comes out a bit more brownish on the nail than it looks in the bottle, but it's not so brown that I dislike it. Not a big hit, but not a miss either.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my mini series a bit! I definitely learned that posting every day is so not for me. It just turns into a mess and I feel bad for that. I want to offer you guys at least decent photos, but time is always running through my fingers like sand in the evening and so I failed.

If anything, this was a good experience. And it showed me that I need to start taking good care of my nails and cuticles again, because let's be honest, they look hideous right now. I have major peeling issues on both my pointer finger nails, they are so thin at the moment it's not even funny. I'm not even gonna start talking about my cuticles... Anyway. I really hope that, even though some things went worse than planned, you got at least SOMETHING out of this series. Whether it be a little help in deciding if you would like any of these polishes for your stash or the knowledge that I suck ;)

See you later this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!