Monday, July 23, 2012

For the Love of Lacquer sings the Blues - Day One: i love bad boys and love's recipe

Hey guys!

We're starting the series with the first pair! I'm going from light to dark over the next days, so today I have a beige and a turquoise/blue-green-ish polish for you :)

i love bad boys



top: sunlight, bottom: indoors (sun shining through the window behind me)

Three thin coats. If you have smooth nails two coats will probably be enough, but they shouldn't be too thin. I love the shimmer in this slightly dusty turquoise/aqua polish, but overall I'm not too overwhelmed by the beauty or anything. It's not ugly, but a bit of a let-down for me personally. I had just expected something different.

On the bright side, the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I see the name is this:


Sorry I'm a bad boy~

Now if only a company would create a polish called Fantastic... or Wow. I'd be totally on board with that.
love's recipe




top: sunlight, bottom: indoors (sun shining through the window behind me)

Three coats. I didn't really like the formula on this one. It's on the thick side (not yet gloopy) and I think that is, in part, due to the gold glitter/flecks/shimmer particles in it. There also seem to be dark micro glitter particles in it, or maybe that's just the gold glitter when it's not hit directly by light. In any case, this looks like sand to me. Not too fond of this color, at least not on me. The second let-down today, but well, we have eight more polishes to go so I still have plenty of chances to find something I really like ^_^

That's it for the first installment of the series, I hope you'll stop by again tomorrow for the next pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!