Sunday, June 17, 2012

[Swatch & Review] essence Trend Edition Snow White - glitter toppers

Hi guys!

Today I'm doing a swatch post, which, as you may have noticed, I usually don't do - I only show you polishes I wore for at least a few hours. But I'm changing things up a little today, so here we go with the three glitter toppers from one of essence's latest Trend Editions - Snow White!

01 Evil Queen

essence Evil Queen macro

macro shot

I started with a base of two coats of Catrice "Who Are Blue", which you can admire here in full sunlight:
Catrice Who Are Blue sunlight

Followed by two to three coats of Evil Queen, depending on how much glitter I managed to get on the nail. It looks fairly packed in the bottle, but there seems to be a lot of the transparent base and you don't really end up with much glitter on after only one coat... Followed by one coat of fast drying top coat.

essence Evil Queen over Catrice Who Are Blue sunlight essence Evil Queen over Catrice Who Are Blue shade/indoors

left: sunlight; right: shade/indoors


02 The Huntsman

essence The Huntsman macro

macro shot

I started with two coats of essie "A Crewed Interest", which I already showed in a previous post. I'd worn that for two days, then put two coats of The Huntsman and one coat of fast drying top coat over it.

Barry M 3 in 1, essie A Crewed Interest, essence Snow White The Huntsman, MNY my top coat drying effect

base and top coat used for all swatches; essie A Crewed Interest and essence The Huntsman


essence The Huntsman over essie A Crewed Interest sunlight 1 essence The Huntsman over essie A Crewed Interestsunlight 2

both pictures in direct sunlight (because I forgot to take one in shade...)


03 Prince Charming

essence Prince Charming macro

macro shot

Last up is "Prince Charming". I started with three coats of Milani "Dude Blue", a neon blue polish. Am I the only one thinking of The Dude because of that name? :P Anyway, here it is in full sunlight:

Milani NEON Dude Blue

It was followed by two coats of Prince Charming and one coat of fast drying top coat.

essence Prince Charming over Milani Dude Blue sunlight essence Prince Charming over Milani Dude Blue shade/indoors

left: sunlight; right: shade/indoors


Final thoughts?
Evil Queen - I'm disappointed with this polish. My favorite color (family) is purple, but this glitter topper is the most boring one out of the three. Only one type of glitter, and it's hard to get a satisfying amount of the hexagonal pieces on the nail without applying many coats or fishing for them. I like the color, but otherwise I'm not satisfied or impressed.

The Huntsman - I was pleasantly surprised with this one because it looked very brown in all the photos I had seen of it beforehand, and I don't really like brown as a color all too much. But in the store it turned out to be a wonderful brownish-gold coppery color and I really liked it over A Crewed Interest. My only complaint are the random, weird-sized and -shaped iridescent (? they sparkle with all colors of the rainbow in the sun) glitter pieces. I would have preferred them to be absent, but well. It's still a pretty polish, and, as I said, a pleasant surprise.

Prince Charming - The unexpected favorite out of the three. I didn't care for it all that much when I saw the press release pictures; it looked a bit similar to China Glaze's Lorelei's Tiara, which I showed in a recent post, but it's actually not much like it at all. The fine glitter in Prince Charming is a rainbow one and I think it fits the name quite perfectly. I love how it looked over Dude Blue.

That's it for today, I hope you found this helpful and/or interesting ^^

P. S.: A quick note on the new labeling on my pictures... Two days ago someone on Photobucket commented on one of my pictures, then uploaded that and another one of my pictures to their own Photobucket album. I don't know if that can already be considered stealing or not, but I was definitely NOT happy about it. So I decided to label all my photos from now on... I'm not too pleased because I think it makes them less appealing, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you can still enjoy the pictures even with the stupid label on them.

Oh, a few more things: Wow, fantastic baby! Dance! Uuuuh-uuuh~ I wanna dance dance dance da-dance! Boom shakalaka!
That is all.

2 comments:

  1. All of these polishes are lovely! So beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!