Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Polish Week in Review - so far; latest purchases

Hi guys!

Another short post from me to show you what I wore on my nails so far this week and last weekend. Let's get right into it!

weekend - essence nail colour³ - Boys Are Back In Town

essence nail colour³ 05 boys are back in town shade essence nail colour³ 05 boys are back in town  sunlight


base color: boys are back in town - greyed out dark purple
glitter topper: it's just a little crush - pinkish very fine glitter in a clear base
application: Easy, above you see 2 coats of boys are back in town plus 1 coat of it's just a little crush (and top coat).

Monday and Tuesday - essence - You Belong To Me

essence 53 You Belong To Me 1 essence 53 You Belong To Me  2 essence 53 You Belong To Me  3


2 coats plus top coat. These pictures were taken on the second day of wear. I had to do touch-ups on my left pointer and right pinky finger. And a little before I took the photos, the polish on my right middle finger nail suffered a chip -.-;

Wednesday aka today - p2 last forever - lovely moment


p2 last forever lovely moment sunlight 1 p2 last forever lovely moment  sunlight 2 p2 last forever lovely moment  shade

3 coats. Kind of a streaky mess. I thought it was gonna be sheer, but it actually has good coverage. I just needed 3 coats to smooth out the streakiness. I think this problem was once again due to my "in-expertise" - for the most part. Please excuse the weird application, I did my best :/

And some things I picked up today. Hooray!

bling nail appliqués 1 bling nail appliqués 2

Bling nail appliqués


Catrice Apropos Apricot and Up In The Air 1 Catrice Apropos Apricot and Up In The Air  2

Catrice - "Apropos Apricot" and "Up In The Air"


Catrice Cruise Couture C01 C04 C05 Catrice Cruise Couture labels

Catrice Limited Edition Cruise Couture - "Feel The Yacht Beat", "Hi, Society!", "Nautica"

p2 Viva Argentina 040 qué maravillosa bottle in sunlight p2 Viva Argentina 040 qué maravillosa 1 p2 Viva Argentina 040 qué maravillosa  2

p2 Limited Edition Viva Argentina - qué maravillosa (yes, these are 2 swatch photos)

This looks extremely similar to essence's walk on air, so I think I'm gonna do a comparison soon.

essence soul sista kabuki brush

essence Limited Edition Soul Sista kabuki brush "70ies Hair Style"

Much sought-after, now I finally own it! There were two left (apart from the tester). I considered taking both, but decided against it to give somebody else the chance to have a "yay!"-moment. I don't know why people are so head over heels for this brush, but yeah... I wanted it badly, too, but I don't own a ton of brushes already like others do. I'm lucky, I managed to snag this as well as the other Limited Edition product that people are going crazy about lately, which is...

Catrice Revoltaire powder blush Colour Bomb 3 Catrice Revoltaire powder blush Colour Bomb 4 Catrice Revoltaire powder blush Colour Bomb 1

Catrice Limited Edition Revoltaire powder blush Colour Bomb


I don't use blush, though, sooo... we'll see what I'm gonna do with this bad boy. ;)

That's all for today guys, thanks for reading and hopefully I'll read you soon!

6 comments:

  1. You don't use blush yet you considered actually buying two of them? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered buying two of the kabuki brushes - sorry if that wasn't clear. The blush is going into my Super Secret Awesome Box (aka swap/giveaway box).

      Delete
  2. I have that Essence "You Belong To Me" polish, it's quite pretty but I wish it were a little bit lighter. The kabuki brush looks cute and soft :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to me that essie Mint Candy Apple is basically the same color, but a bight lighter. I'm gonna do a comparison soon because I think the look quite similar.

      The brush is indeed really soft, it feels very nice :)

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!