Friday, February 3, 2012

essence - Choose Me! and Astor - 066 + Yves Rocher soaps

Hello there!

It's Friday! Finally, don't you think? :) First of all I'd like to say thanks to my 4 followers! I hope you enjoy my blog.

Today I'd like to show you what I wore on my nails yesterday (never mind that I'm holding mascara in the last picture):
02.02.12 mani  without bottle
02.02.12 mani  2 02.02.12 mani 1 02.02.12 mani  with mascara, lol

And here's what I used:
Astor Fash'n Studio 990 / 066
Astor Fash'n Studio number 990 - 2 coats as base color (really sheer after only one)
It could also be number 066... I don't know which way to read it! Should have checked at the store today, but I forgot...

Edit on February 5, 2012: It's 066 - looked it up on the website.

essence colour & go Choose Me!
essence colour & go number 38 Choose Me! - 2 coats on my ring fingers (need moar glitter!)
I tried to capture the duochrome effect, that's why the photo is so blurry.

essence nail art special effect! topper soft touch
essence nail art special effect! topper soft touch

I LOVE how this came out! I put the matt top coat over everything on a whim and it was perfect. Drying time was good, a bit long for the ring fingers, but hey, five coats is quite a lot to deal with, and I didn't use quick dry top coat (I only have shiny ones). The matt effect makes the Astor polish look like it's been frozen over.
Teal Thursday ahoy! :)


Look what arrived in the mail today!
dotting tools
Dotting tools! Can't wait to play around with them. Polka dots and clouds, here I come! I shall post pictures of any successful ventures.


Completely unrelated to nails, but still nice: Soaps from Yves Rocher. This company is well-known for botanical beauty products.
Since it's my aunt's birthday soon, I decided to get her some special soaps from Yves Rocher (along with 2 little sponges, a bath pouf...).
soaps
top left: organic oats; top right: olive oil; bottom: "Tradition de Hammam"


I have to show you a close-up of the "Tradition de Hammam" because it has this beautiful pattern on it... it photographed greenish in the middle for some reason, but it's not in real life. It's a deep brown.
"tradition de hammam" soap


The organic oats and olive oil soaps are 300 g (10.58 oz) each, the "Tradition de Hammam" is 150 g (5.29 oz). Each of them was EUR 4.95 (~ USD 6.50).

I imagine the two heavy ones are a bit hard to handle, not only because they are heavy, but especially because of the square shape. I suppose it should be easier once the edges and corners aren't as sharp anymore.

The organic oats and the "Tradition de Hammam" soaps give off very strong smells. I'm not a fan of that, so I wouldn't buy them for myself. The olive oil one isn't as "in your face", so I like it best from the trio.

If you'd like to check them out yourself, go here (US website).
They are currently all available for USD 8.00 per piece. I'm a bit surprised that they are more expensive than here... But then again, Yves Rocher is a French company, so I suppose it makes some kind of sense.

Ouf, this is long! I hope some of my rambling was interesting for you. :)

Hope to read you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!