Thursday, February 9, 2012

essence - romeo, julia + Bijou Brigitte shopping

Hi there!

My dear, 7 followers! Welcome to my blog. ^_^

Today I'm showing you essence's romeo, which is part of the nail art twins-line.

essence nail art twins colour base 02 romeo  bottle shot essence nail art twins colour base 02 romeo mani

It's a very nice shade of grey, not too dark, not too light and it leans slightly blue. I really liked how it looked on me. I needed two coats, but I believe that is mostly due to my nails' "structure" (ridges, bumps, etc.). That naturally makes it difficult for any polish to even out; for people with smooth nails, one medium to thick coat might be sufficient.

Next I applied one coat of Astor Nail Artist gloss to see what it would look like. It's like a shiny top coat, just that it's not a top coat? Lol.

I topped everything off with one coat of MNY Maybelline New York nail care my Top Coat Drying Effect (okay, now that was a long name...), one of my recent discoveries from a shopping trip to dm (a drugstore chain). It worked quite well, and as far as I remember it was inexpensive, too.

Right before taking the polish off again, I applied a bit of the glitter topper that goes with romeo. You've probably guessed - it's called julia ('Cause that's what Juliet is called in Germany, you know?).

romeo und julia 2 romeo und julia 3

left: one thin coat; right: one thin and one very thick coat

It's funny how this is the only pair (of four that I own) where the base color has the man's name and the glitter topper has the woman's name. Kind of funny, don't you think? :)

Another discovery from that trip to the drugstore (That sounds weird, doesn't it?) is my new base coat from P2. It's called Base + Care Coat. Before I bought that I only had China Glaze First & Last (came in a pack with two other polishes). That one was okay; dried fast but didn't help even out the bumps and ridges in my nails. So I looked for a different base coat. Most of the ones I could find had some property or other that I didn't want (nail whitening effect, contained formaldehyde, etc.), so I went for the P2. Sadly, it doesn't do a good job of filling in ridges or eliminating bumps, either. What's your preferred base coat? Any recommendations?

And to finish this wall of text off, have pictures of my newly acquired brooch and necklace:

flower bling brooche key necklace

I don't know yet when I'm gonna wear the brooch, but it just begged me to be bought and I can never resist shiny things...

So there you go for today! Do you own any essence nail art twins? What do you think of them?

Hope to read you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!