Sunday, February 19, 2012

[haul] epic shopping spree

Hi guys!

So yesterday I went to a forum meet-up and since it was the perfect opportunity to do some "big town shopping", that's what I did! Here's a short recap of what I got.

First up, some essence colour & go.

essence colour & go


Next: Misslyn.

Misslyn


Artdeco.

Artdeco


claire's.

claire's glitters


OPI.

OPI


Now I don't know if you'll believe me when I say these were EUR 16,- each (~ USD 21). That's effing ridiculous. But yeah. I bit the bullet.

essie.

essie


Group shot of everything I bought.

group picture


Now my stash looks like this (untidiness ahead):

stash


The reason I picked up the Artdeco polish is mainly that I wanted to do a comparison with Catrice's "Genius In The Bottle" (and also that I hoped the duochrome would show up more than in the Catrice polish). I think you'll agree that they look extremely similar.
Artdeco + Catrice - possible dupes Artdeco + Catrice 2


Even without seeing them next to each other on my nails, I'd say they are almost dead-on dupes, although the gold base color is a teensy bit different in the bottles. I suppose I'm gonna do a comparison post soon enough.

Aaand some not-so-mysterious bottles that I ordered from amazon a few days ago.

not-so-mysterious bottles


I wanted to do a quick post, so I'll leave the pictures as they are for now, I'll try to get them set right tomorrow. For some reason only god knows, Photobucket turns my pictures to the wrong side. I uploaded them the way I wanted them, but Photobucket decided to flip them back onto the wrong side. Thanks so much. I'm very annoyed with this as this storage service keeps causing me problems unnecessarily, so if anyone has a good photo storage solution that's more or less easy to use, shoot me a comment. I'm sort of desperately looking for help.

Edit on February 20, 2012: Okay, so apparently the problem with Photobucket solved itself without my help. I don't know why or how, but I'm glad I don't have to do any editing except for this little sentence ^^

If you'd like to have more information on any of the polishes I bought just let me know.

Hope to read you all again soon!

2 comments:

  1. My gosh that was a EPIC haul! Glad I'm not the only one that cannot resist a beauty of a nail polish. Must say I've only just re-discovered Claire's polishes. Havent' been in that shop since I was a youngster. They are soo good nowadays. Not only did a buy a really nice polish, ended up getting some really cute jewellery too. Will do a post when I get time!

    Love Nails. Love Obsession Lacquer.

    obsessionlacquer.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, right? I can never resist a pretty polish... Unfortunately, the two from Claire's aren't really that great, one is too thick and has too little glitter to really show up, the other is OK, but they both smell horrible for some reason. Anyway. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment :)

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!