Monday, February 27, 2012

[Clash of the Polishes] Artdeco - 226 vs Catrice - Genius In The Bottle

Hi guys!

As mentioned in my last post, I have the suspicion that Artdeco's number 226 and Catrice's "Genius In The Bottle" are dupes, or at least similar enough so that you don't need both in your collection. Except, you know... you have to own every pretty polish in the world. But anyway, let's move on to the comparison, shall we?

We finally had a sunny day again last week, the perfect opportunity to take the pictures for this post. Both polishes have a gold base color with lots of shimmer. They shift to green and blue-ish, depending on the angle from which you choose to look at them.

artdeco vs Catrice - direct sunlight

Both colors in direct sunlight.


artdeco vs Catrice - color shift

The color shift.


And to show you the shifting better, I made two little videos! Ain't I a genius? No? Well, anyway, here are the two short clips.
artdeco vs Catrice - color shift without sunlight

Natural daylight.


artdeco vs Catrice - color shift  in direct sunlight

Direct sunlight.


I took these pictures a week ago. I should have taken notes on which polish went on which of my fingers, because now I can't tell the two colors apart anymore. I think that middle and pinky finger are Catrice, while pointer and ring finger are Artdeco, but I can't say for sure. I remember being impressed that the Catrice polish starts the color shifting "earlier" (At a smaller angle? I suck at maths and anything related to it, guys.) than the Artdeco one.
The only tiny difference I can make out now looking at the two bottles right in front of me is that the Artdeco gold base is a teeny weeny bit more orange than the Catrice base. But that might just be my eyes playing tricks on me?

In any case, I suppose this proves that these two are almost exactly alike. Definitely alike enough to own only one of them. Unless... well, unless see above. Now let's check some facts!

CLASH!

Catrice Cosmetics - "Genius In The Bottle"
application. smooth
brush. wide and rounded at the tip
price. EUR 2.45 or EUR 2.49 / ~USD 3,29 or ~USD 3,34
(I can't find the receipt this one is on! Damn.)
content. 10 ml / 0.33 fl oz

VERSUS

Artdeco - 226
application. smooth
brush. round, ordinary/"classic" brush
price. EUR 7.50 / ~USD 10,10
content. 6 ml / 0.20 fl oz

winner: Catrice Cosmetics - "Genius In The Bottle"
reason: Better price-performance ratio.


Let me know how you liked my first comparison post! :) Hope to read you all soon.

8 comments:

  1. I love these metallic polishes, they look amazing. Great blog post!

    Have a look at my aztec-inspired nails, feedback is appreciated :)
    http://12-baroriginal.blogspot.com/2012/02/tips-for-your-tips.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I love these colors! Too bad they're not available in the U.S. yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad indeed! I'm sure they'll be available soon, though.

      Delete
  3. Lovely color... It look so futuristic :o). Xoxo V.V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks quite metallic! Very pretty, though :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Besonders das Grün gefällt mir :)

      Delete

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!